H-1B Electronic Registration for 2021 Season
H-1B Cap Petition Season is just around the corner. Beginning in 2020, there will be new procedures in place, which require electronic registration for the 2021 Cap Season. Below is an overview of the registration system:
1. Initial H-1B Registration Period runs from March 1, 2020 through March 20, 2020. A registration fee of $10.00 is required. USCIS will open an additional registration period if it does not receive enough registrations. The actual filing of the selected registrations starts on April 1, 2020.
2. USCIS conducts the lottery for Regular Cap-Subject Quota first, then Masters’ Quota Cap.
3. USCIS notifies electronically selected Registrants in the Lottery.
4. Selected Applicants/Registrants get 90 days to file the H-1B Petition with USCIS. USCIS indicated they would announce results by March 31, 2020. The H-1B Petition filing dates for FY 2021 would begin on April 1, 2020 until June 30, 2020 (90 days from April 1, 2020).
5. USCIS reviews received H-1B petitions and adjudicates them as per their current process.
USCIS will be publishing more detailed information on the new process as it unfolds. Their stated goal is to reduce paperwork and data exchange and provide overall cost savings to petitioning employers.
For more information, please contact our office for a free telephone consultation (15 minute) at 248-557-3645.
Associate Attorney, Immigration Law Department
The Law Offices of Joumana Kayrouz, PLLC