If you have been injured, you may be entitled to certain benefits...

know your rights

| 248-557-3645








It is extremely important to know your rights if you have been injured in an accident. If a person has been injured in an accident they have the right to collect benefits for lost wages, medical bills and household services.


The law can be a complicated labrynth of loopholes, deadlines and confusing legal speech. Our team of experienced personal injury attorney's can help you navigate these complex issues and make sure that you get the compensation that you deserve.


For instance, many people are confused by Michigan's No Fault auto accident laws and they don't realize that even if they weren't responsible for causing the accident that they were injured in they must make a claim with their own insurance company.


This is what is known as a "First Party Case." It is also important to know that you only have one year to file this claim and sometimes less depending on the language in your auto insurance policy.  It is also possible sometimes to file a claim against the driver who caused the accident for pain and suffering this is called a "Third Party Case".  In this type of case you have a time limit of three years to file your claim.


At the Law Offices Of Joumana Kayrouz our michigan personal injury attorneys have decades of first hand  experience with all different types of personal injury cases and they are more than happy to assist you in deciding which course of action will benefit you the most.


Contact us today for a free consultation.

Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.



attendant care

Michigan Attendant Care Benefits are available for parties who have suffered a significant injury as a result of a car accident. When the party involved in an accident is unable to adequately care for themselves, a third party assistant may be hired to help during the injured party's time of need. The assistant chosen can be a husband or wife, child, neighbor, friend or professional. The No-Fault Insurance Company is financially responsible for the third party assistant. You will need a doctor's note and an affidavit from your caregiver to receive this benefit.

mileage expenses

Transportation expenses incurred for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment is also a benefit that can be recovered. Our office provides free forms to help you keep track of your mileage and reimbursement. Most of the time a standard mileage rate is paid by the insurance company generally between 14 and 37 cents per mile.

medical benefits

The Michigan No-Fault Law allows a person to obtain all allowable expenses, which is defined as "all reasonable charges incurred for reasonably necessary products, services and accommodations for an injured person's care, recovery or rehabilitation." These expenses usually include doctor bills, hospital bills, medication, medical equipment and rehabilitation expenses. A person seriously injured, such as a quadriplegic or paraplegic, may be entitled to additional benefits including modifications to a home or van for wheelchair accessibility. Michigan Attendant or aide care, provided by a loved one, neighbor or an outside agency, will be reimbursed at an hourly rate.

lost wages

Work loss benefits are payable to an injured person for three years following an accident, covering 85% of the gross lost wages. The maximum benefit is raised each year. The No Fault insurance company will reimburse wage loss up to the monthly statutory maximum for 3 years after the accident. For 2009, the monthly maximum is $4878.00. A doctor's disability slip and proof that you were earning a wage are required. If you were still looking for work or were temporarily unemployed at the time of an accident, you will still be able to receive benefits. If your earnings exceed the statutory maximum, then additional wages lost can usually be collected from the negligent driver's automobile insurer.

replacement services


A person may obtain up to $20.00 per day in household replacement services. This benefit is paid during the first 3 years after the date of the accident. The usual household replacement services include cleaning, snow removal, lawn mowing, babysitting, grocery shopping, running errands, preparing meals, or anything around the home that the injured person used to do, but can no longer do because of the accident.